It made me smile to write this. Mainly because I realise how far we’ve come and how different life is now. I certainly learnt some hard lessons and went through a lot of ups and downs but thank God I’m not where I used to be and it all started with a single step!
Here’s 10 things you may not know about me:
- I make everything from scratch……mayo, sauces, stocks, almond milk, biscuits, snacks…everything I possibly can. I avoid buying processed ‘crap’ as much as my life depends on it (literally!). People think I spend hours in the kitchen but I really don’t spend more than about an hour and a half a day.
- I drink raw milk! Yes, that’s right, straight from the cow, unpasteurised, unprocessed, full fat milk with an inch thick layer of beautiful cream (this is the only dairy I allow myself!).
- I make my own household cleaning products. No chemicals in our house!
- I don’t use ‘beauty’ products. Friends quite often find it ‘odd’ that I don’t cleanse, tone and moisturise but my argument is why put extra chemicals on your skin when you don’t have to? All I use is bicarb soda to wash my face….and that’s it!
- I try to have at least two detox baths each week. I use Epsom salts and apple cider vinegar to help draw out the toxins in my body and relax with lavender oil (it’s a really good way to look after yourself and have some ‘time out’).
- I try to ‘clean’ my teeth at least 4 times a week with coconut oil. I put a tablespoon of coconut oil in my mouth and swish it around for about 15 minutes 4-5 times a week. Coconut oil ‘pulls’ toxins out of your body and breaks down plague build up on your teeth. It is also known to reverse cavities so I’m keen to see what happens.
- I don’t wear deodorant and I don’t smell! Seriously……it’s amazing how your body can actually function when you don’t fill it with toxic junk. When I ‘weaned’ myself off deodorant it took a while for my sweat glands to clear up and stop smelling (disgusting I know) but after a couple of weeks my sweat no longer smelt .
- We don’t use prescription drugs or medicate in any way and no longer see ‘conventional’ doctors. We take the ‘natural’ root and wherever possible take responsibility for our own health through self-care and self-education. We allow our bodies to do what they were designed to do.
- I want to train to be a Health Coach as I live, eat, sleep and breath all things health and wellness related. I think it’s my calling!
- I’m an English backpacker and met my husband 11 years ago backpacking around Australia. At the time I was a bleach blond, pale skinned, 15kgs heavier backpacker who loved to drink, smoke and party. Wow….how my life has changed!